Ten Years Together
Ten years ago from today, my husband and I went on our first official date. We shared a mash potato pizza at Pizza Luce, a pitcher of beer, then went out dancing for a friend’s birthday. I can’t imagine my life any other way, because my husband is my best friend and one of the bravest humans I know. In honor of our anniversary, I wanted to share ten reasons why I’m still madly in love with this man.
1. His super bad dad jokes.
2. He makes me a smoothie every morning.
3. He listens to me even when I’m talking straight bananas.
4. His hangover/flu cure of ginger ale, saltines and peanut butter.
5. He drank a bottle of olive oil with me so I didn’t have to do a gall bladder cleanse alone.
6. He can fix anything.
7. He can build anything.
8. He was a boy scout, so camping with him is a dream.
9. He looked like Jesus for the first 5 years we were together.
10. He’s always there for me, even when I’m being a stinker.
To my husband Tommy Knox, I love you to the moon and back. You make my life better everyday, and I need you to know that. Ten years is a long time to be together, and I’m still madly in love with you.
I occasionally blog about marriage, love and relationships. If you want more of my view on those pieces, you may find the blogs below interesting.