I officially wrapped up my 2018 wedding season this past Friday! Wohoo! It was my busiest season of all time with over 30 weddings with some of the greatest people I have ever met. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a breathe and really relaxed, but I have some big plans for how I’ll be spending my off season. So here’s a glimpse of what’s next for me in 2019.
- First things first, RELAX and VACATION! Now that it’s all over, I will officially take one day a week off. No working, no editing, no emailing, no social media, just one day off a week to spend it doing whatever I want. Usually that means spending time my husband Tom and my big fluffer pup, Zelda. Tom and I are planning a 2.5 week vacation to Patagonia and are still working out all the details. We leave mid January, which is scarily approaching, so planning for that will be priority one.
- Update my portfolios, website, and brand. I went to art school, so I often feel like I need some space from my work in order to see where I am going and what I want to explore further. After my break, I’ll come back to my portfolios, website, and brand with a clear message. This is one of the most painful but wonderful parts of owning a creative business because it takes some real digging.
- Dive deeper into personal brand photography. If you follow me on the social medias, you may seen my newest venture – personal brand photography. I help creative entrepreneurs connect with their audience through story based imagery. I’m looking to connect more with creatives who are using their services to level up their audience. I finished a course and have done five branding sessions, but have a lot of work to do and am continuing my education with another course currently. If you want to see my new branding site- here’s the link- www.angeladivinebrandphotography.com. I need to update this landing page as well as integrate it into my website, so there’s a lot to do. I’m excited to add this piece to my business and am hoping that branding will allow me to find a great balance between my wedding and portrait work next year.
- New friendships with fellow business owners. I’m so lucky to have so many great friends out there (Love you all!) but I lack friends who are fellow business owners. I’m joining a few business circles in 2019 in hopes that I will meet fellow entrepreneurs who will be there for support, but also create some new deep friendships.
- Finish my reiki training. Last year, I started my journey to become a Reiki master! I had to take a brief pause in the summer due to wedding season, but I am now accepting guinea pigs. I have to finish 19 more case studies, so if you are interested in being one of my subjects, reach out to me because I am looking to start up this practice up again in January.
The list of what’s next for me goes on and on, but I’m not going to lie, I’m exhausted, and these five things are also my priority! I am so grateful for 2018- all the great clients, friends, and support from those around me. My whole goal through this life is to balance happiness with my desire to always want learn and grow. I hope your 2018 ends well, and here’s to a new year.
You want pictures that aren't like everyone else's. I'm a creative photographer that loves magical, vibrant, one-of-a-kind images.
Reach out to me now to get started.