Easy Egg Recipe
If I had to find a reason to love winter- especially February – is that I have Saturday mornings off! I can wake up, meditate for a solid hour, have coffee in bed with my husband and dog, it’s great. I also love being able to make breakfast but don’t love spending hours doing so, which is why I wanted to share one of my favorite things to make- easy eggs.
The best part about my easy eggs is that you can put anything in them! They are great when you have leftover veggies, cheese, or meat from last night’s meal and you want to reinvent them. On this lazy Saturday morning, I decided to cut up some peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes. For the two of us, I usually crack 6 eggs. I usually do 3 whites and 3 with yokes, since I try and be healthy but also because I drop the yokes on Zelda’s food because it’s great for her coat.
Once you have your veggies and eggs in a bowl, blend them together well so it almost looks like you are going to make an omlet. I like to add seasonings like salt, pepper, papricka, and garlic salt for a little extra flavor. Once everything is blended, spoon the eggs and veggies into muffin tins. I always spray my tins first with coconut oil, but you can use pam, olive oil, or whatever you usually use to keep food from sticking to pans. Fill the tins half full and try and even out the vegetables between every cup. I also enjoy topping the eggs with cheese. I use Daiya mozerella my husband likes a Mexican cheese blend.
Put the tins in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Check ever 7 to ensure the eggs are baked but not burnt. I like to top mine with hot sauce, pico de gallo, and avocado. If you love a lazy Saturday morning, and this easy egg recipe is flexible, quick, and fun. Enjoy!Ingredients for Easy Eggs – in this photo above- serves 2
1/2 green pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
5 cherry tomatoes
quater cup of baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
1/4 yellow onion
2 toes of garlic
1/4 cup Daiya Mozerlla cheese
1/4 cup Mexican cheese
6 free range/cage free eggs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop vegetables and garlic. Put in a bowl and stir.
- Crack eggs into bowl. I do 3 just whites and 3 with yoke- but you can play with that depending on your cholesteral and prefernce.
- Add seasonings- salt, pepper, garlic salt, anything you would like and use a fork to beat eggs and vegetables together. If you use yokes, mix them up so they are smooth.
- spoon mixture into muffin tins. Fill 1/2 way up then top with cheese(s) of your choice.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Check in every 7 so ensure fully cooked but still fluffy.
- Once baked, take out of oven, let cool for about a minute, then use a knife to pop eggs out of tins and onto plates.
- Add any additional toppings or sauces and enjoy!