Minneapolis Summer Bucket List
One of my closest friends is leaving Minneapolis to finish school. We were hanging out the other day and she told me she had a Minneapolis bucket list- things she wanted to do before she leaves. I loved this idea! With being a wedding photographer and working all weekends, it’s really really hard to fit in all the summer activities I dream of! Even if I have a half day off, I’ll sacrifice resting for doing something fun around the city. So inspired by my friend, I decided to make my own bucket list for the rest of my summer in Minneapolis!
1. Biking to the Beach – One of my favorite types of day is a beach day, especially when I have all day and can bike to the beach. I love the beaches around Cedar Lake, so any of them will really do. It usually takes about a 30 minute greenway ride there and back and makes me feel like I’m getting a work out in between relaxing. I can’t wait for a day off!
2. Sea Salt Dinner – Last year, I made it to Sea Salt a record amount of times. We love to take our dog, Zelda, to the Minnehaha Falls Dog Park which is right next door, then make our way to Sea Salt for some incredible sea food. It’s always so hard to decide, but I always order calamari, stuffed crab avocado – not always on the menu so you have to ask, and a grilled catfish po’ boy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Besides the incredible food, the view of the falls ins’t bad either!
3. Paddle Board Yoga – If you have never tried paddle board yoga? The board makes even the most simple of postures really challenging. You have to engage more muscles, and when you fall into the cool lake, you get an extra work out when you pull yourself back up on the board. I’ve done this through a few companies and all of them have been great. Paddle Sculpt is not just yoga, but adds in some sculpt with push ups, squats, and sit ups. Flow Fitness has a BYOB class (board not booze) for those who love pad and SUP Calhoun has classes as well.
4. White Sandy Beach for a Hammock and Picnic – The white sandy beach is one of my new favorite spots. My husband and his friends love this spot and yes the sand is white! It’s on the West River Parkway and to get to it, there’s a nice forest walk. There are some great hammock spots just around the beach that overlook the water. It’s a great place to literally hang out and nosh.
5. Twin’s Game – I’ve only been to the new field once, and boy, did we spend a lot of money. I hate whisky, and we ran into some friends and bought a round for about $70?? Now that we are not rookies, we will hopefully conserve our money a little better, but I would love to get to the stadium again this year. I love watching baseball, it reminds me of my dad.
That’s my list! What’s on yours?
You want pictures that aren't like everyone else's. I'm a creative photographer that loves magical, vibrant, one-of-a-kind images.
Reach out to me now to get started.