It’s the final countdown! (Picture Gob from Arrested Development working the stage with a sword in his mouth and cards coming out of his sleeves).
It’s happening—- we move this week! Friday is our closing date, but of course, we also move into our new home on Friday so this week is all about moving. So many things to do and with all the stress, I had to take a moment to appreciate my home and the seven great years we have had living here. Here are the five things I will miss the most about my home in East Phillips.
1. Our Giant Garden- We have 5 raised beds that are not planted this year because we were selling and man, do I miss fresh lettuce and veggies from MY garden. Of course, we can buy them at the coop, but there’s something about growing your own that’s so special.
2. Hang Drying Clothes Outside- We have a wonderful yard with a close line. Hang drying my clothes outside reminds me of my Nonnie and the smell is so wonderful. We will have to get a line set up sooner of later at our new place.
3. Location and Easy Access to Highways- I love where the East Phillips neighborhood is in Minneapolis. I get easily get to 94, 35W, and 55 so easily! We also live right by the greenway, and I’ll really miss being able to hop on that and bike to Uptown in 15 minutes.
4. Big Bedrooms with Tall Ceilings- We are changing styles of house and moving into a craftsman bungalow which has much more charm than our current two story, but the bedrooms are small and the cielings are low. Guess we will be living more simply with less clutter.
5. Taco Cat Delivery
– We will no longer be in the delivery zone for Taco Cat! This is by far my favorite delivery in the city….. if you have not had it, go online right now and order. The nachos are my favorite thing ever and their burritos are fantastic. Get a side of gauc and ask for extra salsa, there’s never enough.
Here it comes- it’s going to be terribly great! Next time I blog, it will be from a new home!