Five Tips on How to Grow Your Personal Brand
“People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.” – Seth Godin
People want to connect to other people, which is why developing a personal brand is so important. Your audience is your currency. They are the ones investing in your services and they want to get to know you.
The more they get to know you, the more they can connect, like and trust you. The more they like and trust you, the more they will invest in you and all that you offer.
Since you are the face of your personal brand, putting yourself out there is important. Here are some easy ways to start growing your personal brand.
1. Get out behind your screen. As scary as it is to show your face on social media, your website, and products, it is so important! People want to get to know you, and easiest way to start that connection is to start sharing photos of you!
2. Identify what makes your business stand out and start sharing that with your audience. Instead of trying to look and sound like your competitors, share what makes you and your business unique. For example, if your a web designer who could
work remotely, but you love meeting your clients in person, share that! If you stage homes and you source all of your pieces from thrift stores and flee markets, tell your audience! This will make you stand out from your competitors, and your passion for what you do shine through.
3. Create a strategy for your content. Knowing what to post and when to post is essential in growing a personal brand. If you don’t know where to start, hiring a content coach is an amazing way to get an experienced opinion and strategy on how to grow your personal brand. If that’s not in your budget, you can start by identifying three to five pieces or stories to rotate through when posting.
One should relate to your business. It could be about what you do, what makes you stand out, sharing free advice. The other should relate to your audience. What do you share in common with them? Do you have dogs, kids, live in the same city? It could also be more personal like sharing about your marriage, your struggles with finding balance, or maybe it’s your yoga practice. You want to show people your business but also who you are, and what your audience can connect to.
4. Once you have a strategy, show up consistently. Talking to your audience on a consistent basis is key! It builds trust and professionalism when done properly. Another part of showing up is to show up with intention. Have a clear message, images that look professional, fonts that match your website. Everything should be clear to who you are and what you do.
5. Network with fellow business owners. You can’t do everything behind your screen, so go out and meet other people! Amazing people know other amazing people, so get out there and create some relationships. Who knows where they will lead you.
Following these tips will give you an idea of what it entails, but growing a personal brand takes effort! So please be patient, persistent, and give yourself grace as you show off what makes you special and passionate about what you do.
If you need help growing your personal brand, I would love to help steer you in the right direction! Let me know if you would like additional resources, and I can’t wait to see how you grow your audience!
Reach out to me through here if you want to chat more – www.angeladivinebrandphotography.com]]>